The need is big. The time is now.
The role of great public research universities in the world has never been more important. In addition to generating life-changing research, the University of Louisiana at Lafayette will educate a significant number of our future leaders in science, business, government, education, and more.
Through gifts from alumni and friends like you, the University has:
- Provided opportunities for students to earn an education
- Helped undergraduates afford to stay on campus
- Retained faculty members and coaches in a competitive market
- Improved campus, academic programs, and the University's prestige
The University has served this community and beyond for over a century with the added bonus of offering a great education for a great price! That has been due in part to the state support the University has historically received. Just eight years ago, that funding provided 60% of higher education’s budget and private funding made up the other 40%.
Today, that percentage has flipped. The state provides less than 30% of the University’s budget and we are tasked with making up the difference through tuition increases and private gifts. Your gifts are vitally important in assisting the University to make up that shortfall. Your gifts also assist the University in attracting federal grants and research projects.
University ranking is tied to private dollars raised. Your gifts and those of other proud, invested alums and friends can help keep UL Lafayette at the top of collegiate rankings.