The University Annual Fund supports the greatest needs of the University community including career-readiness programming and sustainability initiatives. Preparing students for professional life after graduation and ensuring the sustainability of our campus benefits students, alumni, faculty and the global community.
Gifts to the University Annual Fund make an immediate impact on UL Lafayette including the following initiatives:
• A student development and engagement program designed to help college students academically and professionally succeed
• Available to second, third, and fourth year students and assists students in identifying skills necessary to succeed in the workplace
• A one day program designed to prepare graduates for life after UL Lafayette.
• Topics include graduate school information, financial independence, résumé writing, interview preparation and professional networking
• Open to undergraduate students in their final year in partnership with Student Government Association and the Alumni Association
• Provides students with free, gently used professional clothing items for interviews, career fairs, and other professional networking events
• Helps relieve the stress of affording professional clothing and allows students to focus on creating positive first impressions on potential employers.
Sustainability – Campus as a Living Lab
Waste Reduction: Composting
• Zero-Waste Initiative at Cajun Field
• Reduce monthly waste hauling costs
• Reduce the amount of materials being sent to the landfills and associated emissions
Water Use and Watershed Protection: Rainwater Harvesting
• Reduce the amount of stormwater runoff that is entering the Tech-Vermilion Watershed that contributes to local and regional flooding
• Reduce the amount of groundwater being pulled from the Chicot Aquifer to irrigate plants and lawns
• Reduce monthly water bills
Energy Conservation: Campus Building Energy and Waste Audit
• Reduce monthly energy bills
• Reduce greenhouse gas emissions